Thursday, September 17, 2009

US open 2009 - DelPo and Clijsters Days out

Many asked me why didn't I have any comments on my favourite losing the grand slam. They thought I was feeling very sad. On the contrary I am not. It was a well deserved win by DelPo against Federer. I hadn't updated my blog because I couldn't watch the tournaments. I just managed to savour the highlights on their website. But yeah the semi final against Nadal was a clear indication that DelPo was not playing like an underdog. The world no.6 beat world no.2 and world no.1 to clinch the US open.

The woman's singles too saw some surprises as new-mom Clijsters won the grand slam and her 2 year daughter holding the cup was essentially the highlight at flushing meadows...........the most photogenic moment probably :)

1 comment:

Pappul said...

Yeah ... I think it was unfortunate that Murray lost in the 4th round ... else DelPo would have defeated the no 2 seed in the QF, the no 3 seed in the semi and the no 1 seed in the Final :D