Thursday, May 13, 2010

:)

How happy I was when Bhai was born.....I had someone to tie rakhi to ;) That’s all what i wanted him for.... I didn’t like taking care of him especially during my play time. I honestly declare that my brobs has probably been the most bullied sibling and I do not apologize for my acts. On this special day I just thought I should probably write down one of my favourite anecdotes during my childhood when my brother was just a tiny toddler.

Mom: You better take him to play
Me: No, he is such a slow player, I lose my game.
Mom: You are an elder sister; you should be protective of your brother and look how mean you are!
Me: Of course I am protective....just keep him home so, no one gets to do anything to him. Now isn’t that protection?
Mom: Shut up and take him along with you.

I fretted, cried and tried all the possible ways to let my displeasure known but moms can be pretty adamant you see. I gave up and took him along. As he tagged along on my way to the playground, the cutie pie (he was quite a looker) gave me a nice smile to which I devilishly said -

Me: Stop smiling, do you know why mom takes so much care of you?
Bhai: Because I am her son.
Me: No you idiot. You are not her son, in fact you do not belong to the family. Once mom went to throw the garbage and saw you lying there. She got you home.
Bhai:(Too stunned to react probably)
Me (continuing in my patronizing tone): That’s the reason we all try to love you and mom loves you more

He stopped and asked me to drop him back home. I was so happy....my ploy worked. I dropped him home saying that he didn’t want to play. Mom didn’t ask any questions. I was glad to have my time but when I returned from my game I saw that tiny bundle in my room full of tears. His eyes were swollen red and his cheeks flushed. He refused to believe mom who was trying to convince him that he was indeed her son. When I entered, she looked at me and sharply said "You better tell him the truth or you will have it from me." I went to him and told him that I had lied and that I was just teasing him. He made me do a 'God promise' before believing me.

The tables have turned now; he is no longer the cutie pie that he used to be but a 6 footer who has a sharp wit, a sweet tongue but a teenage temper too. However, I still bully and blackmail him to my heart's content....that hasn't really changed ;)

Happy Birthday bhai!!!!!


3 comments:

Amit said...

Wish him on my behalf... and if there is a party ... u know my cell number :D

Pappul said...

phew ... i feel for the 6 footer ...

anyway ... Happy Birthday to him ... !!

Anuja said...

so cute :)