Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Soccer fever

The soccer fever seems to have caught the young and the old like :) What got me into the groove, however, was the promotional song for the 2010 FIFA world cup. K'naan's waving flag seems to be just right for the event. The mood, the tempo all fit beautifully and creates a beautiful melody. Yeah, they have modified the original song to remove the dark portions of the lyrics and its rightly called the 'Celebration Mix'.

Give me freedom, give me fire,
give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now,
you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets our heads are lifting, as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, it surround us, every nations, all around us

When I get older I will be stronger
They’ll call me freedom, just like a wavin’ flag
When I get older I will be stronger
They’ll call me freedom, just like a wavin’ flag.......





p.s. Check the original song here.

1 comment:

Pappul said...

from bus-tales to sports fever ... good going ... I see a bus-tale coming up soon :P