Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The three minute walk

As I rushed to get out of office I found him blocking my way. It was the usual rush time where every second counted. He was busy with his smartphone which was really annoying and I was about to interrupt him with the polite "Excuse me" when I stopped. He was unconsciously murmuring a song. It was the antara from Dheere dheere chal chaand gagan mein. I didn’t feel like interrupting his unconscious business so decided to take a time hit and walk behind him. The walk was approximately 3-4 minutes till we reached the parking lot. He ended up crooning the whole song. Not an accomplished singer but had his own individual and beautiful style.

I wonder if he really realized that he had sung the full song because he was glued to his phone. If not, well, what a loss! The three minutes, as I walked quietly listening to a beautiful song, I was thinking that life has its moments but we are too busy to notice. I don’t even remember how the rest of my day went but I remember the moment when I decided to not run and listen to a total stranger crooning. If one can really sing unconsciously....guess life is not that complicated ;)

No comments: