Monday, April 20, 2015

Cogito ergo sum revisited thru' Facebook

Anisha called up to reconnect after many years.

A: Hey, been years....How have you been and what are you up to?
Me: I have been good. How about you?
A: Great! Travelling all over the world and now I guess back to where I belong
Me: That's great!
A: Are you working?
Me: Yup
A: And weekends....still the book moth, are you?
Me: Hahaha...yeah pretty much....I still belong to the 'read-to-my-deathbed' kinds though the frequency has gone down after motherhood. And I have picked up movies, thanks to a hubby who has some great taste
A: OMG!!! You are married and a mother....
Me: Yeah! Why is that so surprising?
A: It’s not mentioned on your Facebook so I assumed....well...you know what!!!
Me: After laughing hysterically for 5 minutes I asked her - So if I didn't have an FB account does that automatically imply that I don't exist?

And Descartes thought that because I think, I could exist ;)

No comments: