Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The perfect reply

Gift of the gab with the correct quantity of wit and sarcasm thrown ....I hardly know folks who have that trait. It's sheer pleasure to listen to such people.

Was talking to Nikhil after a gap of years.....

Nikhil: Life's cool...US is being good,it held onto me inspite of the recession...that wasnt really easy ;)
Me: :). Hey, by the way hows Niharika?

Prolonged silence made me realize that I had struck a wrong note......Damn! I thought. I should not have asked that question......The errie silence continued before Nikhil delivered the knockout line that said eveything -

"You never marry the person you first watch Casalanca with"

Inspite of the sad undercurrents I ended by doing a WOW.I really couldnt help it!


3 comments:

Pappul said...

top notch ... u say u know very few people with THE trait ... and I am surprised by that coz you have lots of posts dedicated to people who have delivered such punches ... is that's few then what's a lot? :P

Prameela said...

Pratik,
Yeah, you are so correct which makes me wonder am I being too demanding ;)

Jayaram said...

Now this was pretty nasty one from your side... i remember :)