Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Bigger Picture

Some people have the knack of making others feel good about situations in specific and life in general. This happened long back but I am jotting this down when I came across someone exactly opposite to the main protagonist of this tale ;)

Walking down the aisle of a reputed, typical multi storied IT company, we were 3 scared professionals. One of us was a little extra disturbed and he had been in a state of nervous breakdown for quite some time. There came a beautiful HR and asked him for some documents. The nervous wreck that he was, he fumbled and dropped his entire file contents onto the floor, much to our dismay. We expected a blasting from the HR or at least a disgusted look. Instead the lady smiled, bent down and as she helped him collect his papers commented - "Why are you so nervous? It's just an interview, an extremely miniscule entity to something much larger - your life. Never forget about the bigger picture and start worrying about such short films". Saying so she winked! I could see the effect on the guy as he regained his composure.

If I ever own a company, I would love to have someone like that represent the face of my company. Swear the lovely lady just made my day!

No comments: