Saturday, April 18, 2009

In love...... with what i do

Almost everytime i crib about my deadly schedule and think I am doing nothing apart from work, comes a moment that makes me realize that I would have preferred it in no other way.

A module that should have been checked in ages (read 2 days) ago is still on my machine because the scripting guys are stuck with a problem of their own. As grep cannot do a pattern matching spanning multiple lines we probbaly have to go with sed/awk/gawk. Exactly 24 hours ago I knew nothing about them and just knew the theorotical functionality of grep. But now I have written a small shell script and have tried grep and awk already. Now we are to take a call on having awk(or whatever we choose) installed during our rpm installation as it is not preent by default on linux system, unlike grep.

Ok so my post is not about that technical issue, it is about the fact that I should not really be complaining about my over the top schedules which have stayed like that for many months now. The past 24 hours made me realize(once again) that i wouldnt want it any other way. I can simply occupy myself with anything......grep, awk, reflection, palak paner, custard pudding, masakali,........absolutely anything!!!! Being in this field has probably taught me to be occupied and happy at the same time. Does not mean I do not indulge in whining; but I am resilient faster ;)

2 comments:

Pappul said...

Yeah ... we only realize this ... when all of a sudden there is no work ... !!

Vikash Kumar said...

Yes.. while cribbing is more or less routine.. it's very hard not doing what we always do :)