Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What a day!

As I walked into my cubicle, my manager said he wanted to talk something urgently. Realizing something was amiss I went to the conference room where he declared - "Prameela, you are moving to the Goa office for 4 months". I was shocked and too stunned to react. After 15 minutes of deliberations I decided things wouldn’t change unless I create a hue and cry and decided to talk to all the seniors against this abrupt decision. All of them seemed to be hell bent on moving me to Goa.

I wasn’t really against the idea but I did not like the way they were choosing things for me. I mean I should at least have been asked. But times are bad and I was obviously concerned that I couldn’t do anything if these folks were serious and adamant. Finally I got a call in the evening from the seniors and we decided to meet for the final discussions in the conf room. They explained me their point of view while I put forth my own. Deliberations and arguments flew thick & fast and within 10 minutes there was chaos. Soon my team (and few other folks) walked in and shouted "Happy April Fools' day Prameela"

Oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s all I said.

Now there is a video showing my not so nice reactions with people, my mails etc that are being forwarded and making me feel like a pucca IDIOT

Why the hell don’t I remember dates?????????????????

3 comments:

Anoop Kunchukuttan said...

I am wondering what a terror you must be in your team, for them to spend an entire day torturing you :P. Wanna see the video :)

Pappul said...

man ... nice choice of location by your team ... GOA ... no wonder you fell for it ... ;) ... wud love to see that video ... ;)

Vikash Kumar said...

hahaha.... nice prank.. it would be fun to watch the video & read the mails :P