Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom :)

My grandmom wasn’t keeping well and so I took her early morning breakfast to her room. The maid was busy wiping the floors and I smiled at her as I woke up my grandma. She got up reluctantly and I could see that she was in a bad state. Before she ate her first morsel she looked at the maid and enquired what did she have for breakfast? The maid replied since it was too early she was going to finish the work and then go and have one.

On hearing this, my grandma asked me to get another plate for her. The maid's continuous pleas, that she was alright was of no use and my grandmom made her eat a plateful before she took her first morsel. For my confused look she simply said - "How can you have your food when someone else working for you is working on an empty stomach?"

It’s for these amazing righteous acts of hers that I dismiss her silly superstitions and tantrums and just let her be :)



2 comments: