Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The motivational factor

A normal conversation in my office cubicle -

Me: How were the rounds? Any interesting candidates?
Anish: Yeah, two of them.
Me: I hope they are well versed with jdk1.5. Did you check that out?
Anish: No
Me: What did you ask them then? Servlets, jsps?
Anish: No
Me: Arre phir poocha kya?
Anish: General aptitude questions.
Me (irritated): But that round is already done! You were there to interview candidates for our Java requirement and if you thought they weren’t fitting the bill why didn’t you send them to a different interviewer?
Anish (3 times irritated): Because they were real good looking girls and the project is in need of some dire motivation.

The male fraternity in my team stood up nodding their heads in complete agreement while the female fraternity burst out laughing.

6 comments:

Pappul said...

I so relate to Anish ... well done mate ... proud of u ... !!

Amit said...

work can be finished with some overtime. But the motivation to do overtime is critical.

Way to go ANish!!

Sorcerer said...

Motivation is critical.I am going to send this link to certain someone..in my previous team
___

yeah!! and the girl who came wearing a tummy top was asked to go and change her dress, cuz she was creating "distraction" in our R&D
___


Happy New Year!!!

have a fantastic New year

Unknown said...

This is so true!! Infact, forget my project, my whole company needs such motivation :-)

санжог said...

So this what the corporate honchos do these days to motivate people!! HA HA HA HA!

Poor guys!! If they just had little more guts they could have got themselves gf's.

but never the less they tried.

great post!

Vikash Kumar said...

So true.. Good job Anish!! I just conveyed this thought to my whole team :P Hope they also get motivated to do this ;)