Saturday, May 16, 2009

Upsetting the lord!

As I am planning a trip to my native place I suddenly remembered an incident that happened the last time i was there.


I was watching 'Pirates of the Caribbean' on star movies and it was around 2030 hrs. My grandmom had already paid 10-12 visits to the living room and I sensed she wanted to tell me something but hadn't done so because i was all glued to Captain Jack Sparrow. Finally I looked at her and asked what the matter was. She told me she wanted to watch a serial at 2100 hrs. I smiled and told her that the movie is about to get over and she could watch her serial for I didn't plan to watch anything else. The movie was not done by 2100 hrs but I happily relinquished the remote for I didn't want to interrupt her and I had anyways watched that movie umpteen times. At 2105 hrs her serial started and it was some Malayalam serial about Lord Krishna. When it started I just left the room. Now was the fun!



She walked upto me and asked why did i do something like that? I was zapped! I had no idea of what I had done! She told me there was lord on the screen and I had walked away from him, inspite of being seated there for the past 2 hrs.....just when Shri Krishna came on screen I had walked away. I could sense that she was upset. I smiled and I told her that if she wanted I would go the temple to apologize to the lord but I would no ways go and apologize to her idiot box :) Anyone else in my place would have got a sound thrashing but I have always been her pet and she knows that I never do things as a rebel and somehow she always understands my rationale. I explained her that it was just some nut enacting the scene, so there was no need to follow a human so faithfully. She left it at that. The next morning I really did get up and go to the temple......I didn't want to upset her. Not because I was scared but at times when the person in front takes one step ahead there is no point in staying where you are. You need to walk probably 3 paces so that finally you both meet at a common point.



The generation gap is always going to be there, but I think if everyone just lets the other person be the gaps are narrowed down to a great extent. They have a very basic understanding of faith and we may call them superstitious but we can't let them not follow their faith :)


1 comment:

Pappul said...

your posts should end with a caption of MORAL OF THE STORY ... great piece again ... :)